6/04/2011

The stuff that dreams are made of

It's all back on track (at last, phew!). I have a new, much simpler, much more visual idea for the story. I think it can carry me all the way to the finish line. Plenty of work to do, but all still do-able and I can't wait to get started.

The idea is a kind of non-story, but I have it pretty much mapped out in my head, including the sound, the deliberately limited script, the visuals, how I'm going to work in all the required components (the line, the bouncy castle, the anchor). There are still some details to be fleshed out, but the format is not restrictive, so I have some flexibility as to how to complete these.

A few changes to the style I had planned too. I was originally wanting a black and white film-noire kind of vibe, with lots of cut-outs for props and scenery ("Doctor Caligari's Cabinet" meets Guy Madden). Now I'm thinking more Magic Roundabout/Clangers and fantasy (aimed at adults, but without any particularly "adult" themes).

Today I'm planning to pop out to the open day on Studio 24 in Sacramento, where apparently you can pre-register for the Sacramento International Film Festival 10x10 competition, but I still expect to get a lot done.

I must remember to do a backup and commit to the change control before I start.

No comments:

Post a Comment