6/12/2011

Forget it, Jake, it's Chinatown

A busy day. I have 30 seconds of silent, "emergency" footage as image files. This is footage that I need to add sound to, and needs a color tweak, but that can be used as final footage. That's the good news, the bad news is: it doesn't look too good, the animation is really wooden. But I think at this point, finishing up is more important than getting something that looks good. There are so many abandoned amatuer animation projects, I think finishing is an important habit to master. Especially since the task was ambitious: a finished, 10 minute short in 10 days with no budget, only a home computer, using mostly free software, by one person.

I was thinking this morning about how much I'd strayed from the original goal of making this mostly a 2d, painted animation. Perhaps I might put some of that back, but right now I need to animate, animate, animate to get to a completed project.

No comments:

Post a Comment