6/06/2011

I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.


It is clear now that I'm not going to get the whole thing completed in 10 days. I think the point is that I now know that I could have done and that was the point of the whole thing. I'm now operating on plan B, which is to get this out in a further 10 days, on the rationale that next time round, I'd be twice as efficient. I don't think this is unreasonable, there's been a lot of learning, some logistical problems, and for the ultimate project at the Sacramento Film and Music Festival, I'd have the pressure of a real rather than self imposed deadline. Even with this, I think I could have slapped something together in the 10 days.

I certainnly don't have a perfectionist attitude in completing this, but it seems that the project itself is telling me: this is stuff that you can cut corners on, this is stuff that we're going to do, even if it takes longer to create and render. I'm happy with this, and that I can get it completed in a few more days. How many, I'm not sure: I didn't get a lot done last week during the work week. Part of that was that I had problems with the script, but part was probably I didn't put a huge effort in after a day at work.

So the current state is that I have two scenes created and in need of animation and sound. I have a further two scenes to go, but I expect these to take less time.

No comments:

Post a Comment