6/13/2011

Houston we have a problem

Tonight seemed like really hard work. What should be a simple cyclical animation just seemed to take forever. First I was making lots of really horrid tweaks upon tweaks without a solid foundation, so I wiped it all and started again from scratch. It's better the second time round, but I still had to make lots of little adjustments. I hope I have something passable enough that I can move forward, but I won't know that until I've done the render that's currently churning away.

When I started, I'd pared things down to 10 seconds a render, but I'm up to 40 seconds now with all the good stuff I'm putting back in. This makes it difficult to work on animation because I need the final render to be able to see where the fixes need to be. It's difficult to concentrate too, because I'm constantly having to break for renders, so of course off I go surfing the web while I wait for that to happen.

Day 17 of 10. I'm starting to think the second deadline is under threat. At least the finish is getting closer: it's not one of those things where the more you do, the more you realize how much there really is left to do. And I think I'm better off spending more time and getting it to look better. I know I'm not fiddling with detail, I'm really making big improvements.

No comments:

Post a Comment