6/02/2011

Sound affects

So yesterday was spent on sound. I didn't get much done, but then I didn't have much time, so I felt happy enough with what I'd done. The quality seems acceptable to me - using the mic from a Zoom PS-04, recording it dry and slapping some reverb and compression on in FLStudio. Not sure what I'm going to use to chop up the audio - either audacity or the Edison editor in FLStudio. I think Edison is probably the best choice, but it might take some time to learn how to use it effectively. From trying to do the animatic and realizing I needed sound, I tried the sound and realized I needed a script. Or at least I'm going to write down some dialogue on index cards.

There is still a key plot point to be defined and I've hit a block on how to do it. I think this is where having someone else on the project would be useful, but I'm trying to attack it obliquely by thinking of exactly what is required, what this element is for, what it achieves as far as the story, what it means to the characters. I'm hoping that all of this will unravel in the shower and the answer will become apparent.

One of the nice things about doing this is that I'm seeing lots of possibilities for things that I could do on a new project that would be fairly simple to do and would give great results, like having the riggify limbs to animate lots of models and the possibilities opened up by sound.

Despite the fact that I'm quite a way in to the project and I don't seem to have much to show, I still feel upbeat. Record the audio, cut a first animation, and from there it's just a matter of attending to all the fixes so that I can make it better.

No comments:

Post a Comment