5/30/2011

Questions answered

 
I'm now on to my second (and final) character, both are rigged to some extent using riggify. This was the first time using riggify and I was quite pleasantly surprised. It's simple and straightforward (to use anyway) and I think I could complete further rigs in much faster time.  In fact it's so straightforward, I'm wondering whether to add another character. There's still facial rigging to do, but I think I'll concentrate on getting the first animatic done, because that will tell me so much about what still needs doing.

I think I've reached an important milestone though. With the characters in their current states, I think I could at least do a series of static dioramas with characters in posed positions, like statues, and use these to tell the story. That's great to know because even if this is the minimum I should aim for in the real 10x10 project, I think that's still enough to be able to tell an interesting story with arresting visuals (it just puts more pressure on the story to be interesting and the visuals to be arresting). And after all, that was the question I was trying to answer in doing this project, so I think that's an Epic Win.

I'm a bit worried about facial rigging at this point. I'm thinking that with the animatic, I might forego facial rigging and just use shape keys.

To the batcave ....

No comments:

Post a Comment