8/14/2011

So where did the blog go?

I still hadn't finished the animation and though the end was in sight, it wasn't just around the corner. So I decided to cut myself some slack, take a few days to rethink my direction. But having entered that tunnel, I didn't come out the other side.

There was another project that I had planned to do: a competition for the University of London Students and Alumni. They were looking for work (mainly programming, but I think animation would have been good too) that took about a minute to make its impact. I thought that would get me going again, being a much smaller task. But though I put an entry in, it wasn't something I was particularly happy with or proud of.

Then came the real Sacramento Film and Music Festival 10x10. I thought the blog had been more of a handicap than spurring me on, so I decided to do that quietly. But the results were not much more effective. I spent a lot of time not really having a clear direction and fretting over it. I experimented, hoping something would develop out of that, but then it became even more difficult to glue the various unrelated experiments together in some cohesive way. This last weekend, it started to come together, I had a passable way to connect things and had the possibility of making something passable. But the time just wasn't there. I worked furiously and fairly efficiently during this weekend and I managed to turn in a disc by the deadline. But it is severely flawed. It has no sound and though I hope some of the ideas show through, to call it amateurish would be paying it a compliment.

So what for the future? I think I need to do something for me now. Something now so ambitious in terms of scale, but something where I can really work the quality up. And I need to do it quietly, without deadlines and without the world watching.

Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment